Bluenose is a schooner who lives in the harbour.
Bluenose holds the record as the fastest boat in the Big Harbour (seeing as she has no engine). She is good friends with the tugboats, and one time helped Foduck when seaweed was stuck in his propeller. She is also considerably wise and kind, as shown when she encouraged Theodore to keep "spreading the sunshine around".
Not to be confused...
She is not to be confused with Bluenose the naval tug from the series TUGS. Even though in the books written by Michelle Mulder there was another schooner named Bluenose II, it is currently unknown whether this was Bluenose's basis.
- Season 1 - Theodore and the Homesick Rowboat and Theodore and Bluenose.
- Season 2 - Hank and the Hug (mentioned) and The Tugboat Pledge
- Season 3 - Grumpy Garbage Barge, Hank's Hiccups (cameo), George and the Underwater Mystery (cameo)
- Season 4 - Hank Makes a Friend, Foduck Blows His Stack (cameo) and Rebecca and the Big Snore (cameo)
- Season 5 - Hank Hurts a Ship and George and the Flags (cameo)
- Bluenose's production model was offered for sale on eBay but did not sell. It was later donated the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic where it is in storage.
- Bluenose's name is a reference to the famous Canadian ship Bluenose, although the deck houses more closely resemble Bluenose II.
- Her basis can be seen on the Canadian dime.
- in the Finnish version, Bluenose is called Sininokka.