Digby is an old cable ship who is always getting stuck somewhere out on the job.
It's always a surprise to him and the tugs when someone gets stuck other than himself. He has a mild East Coast accent and uses catchphrases such as "Oh flibberty jibberty!" and "Oh my starfish and little oysters" (like Owan). His best friend is Theodore, who seems to always have to rescue Digby whenever he gets stuck. He loves to say whatever is on his mind and especially enjoys talking about cables. The tugs once thought of Digby as old and useless when the big and strong Dartmouth came to the harbour. But even though Digby is always getting stuck somewhere, he always shows that he is still a useful cable ship in the end. He is a kind, tough cable ship used for smaller jobs that with which his cables are best suited for, and makes short work of any task he is given.
- Season 2 - George's Ghost
- Season 3 - Theodore to the Rescue and Emily's New Hat
- Season 4 - Digby's Disaster, Dartmouth Says Goodbye, Sigrid and the Bumpers, Hank's Wheezy Whistle (cameo), Emily Goes Overboard and George and the Navy Ship
- Season 5 - Guysborough Makes a Friend, Hank and the Sunken Ship, Hank Floats Forward and Foduck and the Shy Ship
- ERTL (bath toy; discontinued)
- Digby's model was repainted and made from Kamel.
- Digby's model is currently on display at the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic.
- Digby has an Irish accent.
- He was named after the seaside community of Digby in Nova Scotia.
- In the Norwegian version, Digby is called Ståle/Staale.