Digby is an old cable ship who is always getting stuck somewhere out on the job.
It's always a surprise to him and the tugs when someone gets stuck other than himself. He has a Newfoundland accent, and uses catchphrases such as "Oh flibberty jibberty!" and "Oh my starfish and little oysters" (like Owan). His best friend is Theodore, who seems to always have to rescue Digby whenever he gets stuck. He loves to say whatever is on his mind and especially enjoys talking about cables. The tugs once thought of Digby as old and useless when the big and strong Dartmouth came to the harbour. But even though Digby is always getting stuck somewhere, he always shows that he is still a useful cable ship in the end. He is a kind, tough cable ship used for smaller jobs that with which his cables are best suited for, and makes short work of any task he is given.
- Season 2 - George's Ghost and The Tugboat Pledge (cameo)
- Season 3 - Theodore to the Rescue and Emily's New Hat
- Season 4 - Digby's Disaster, Dartmouth Says Goodbye, Sigrid and the Bumpers, Hank's Wheezy Whistle (cameo), Emily Goes Overboard and George and the Navy Ship
- Season 5 - Hank and the Sunken Ship, George and the Flags (cameo), Theodore the Tattletug, Guysborough Makes a Friend, Theodore and the Missing Siren, Foduck and the Shy Ship and Hank Floats Forward
- ERTL (bath toy; discontinued)
- Digby's model was repainted and made from Kamel.
- Digby has a Newfoundland accent.
- He was named after the seaside community of Digby in Nova Scotia.
- In the Norwegian version, Digby is called Ståle/Staale.
- In the Finnish version, Digby is called Kalle