|Foduck the Vigilant|
July 8th 1993
Foduck the Vigilant is the fourth episode of the first season.
Foduck is about to earn his 'V-word' which will mean he can go out on the ocean. However, he is having trouble picking a name because he can't think of anything that makes him special. As he sees each tug, he asks what makes a tug really special. Hank says being smart, George says being strong, Emily says being a good worker, and Theodore says being part of a team. None of these seem to fit Foduck. But Foduck's friends notice that the safety tug always seems to see things that others miss, and his careful attention prevents accidents. But that night, when the tugs are asleep, George, who has been shooting sparks out of his stack, causes the crates on his lifeboat to catch fire! Foduck uses his siren to wake and alert the other tugs, who were very frightened, but no more than George. Luckily, Foduck uses his fire hose to put out the fire. The next day, Foduck gets his special V-Word, 'The Vigilant', which means someone who is always looking after each other, just like Foduck.
- The Dispatcher
- Pearl (not named, does not speak)
- Petra (not named, does not speak)
- Margaree Pride (cameo)
- Donald Dock (cameo)
- Lilly (cameo)
- Benjamin Bridge (cameo)
- Chimey (cameo)
- Bedford (cameo)
- Phillip and Filmore (cameo)
- This is the first and only episode where we see one of the main tugs officially get his V-Word.
- When the orange crates in George's lifeboat light up on fire, George has his hat backwards, but in the next shot, it's forwards again.
- When Foduck gets the message about the storm, George's hat is crooked.
- When Foduck asks George what special thing a tugboat can be, the scene is mirrored.
- When Foduck is watching over the sleeping tugs, a gap can be seen behind the area between Emily's eyes.
- When the tugs wake up and evacuate from their dock when they realize that George's lifeboat is on fire, Hank doesn't move from his dock.
- Strangely, The Dispatcher didn't wake up hearing Foduck's emergency siren.
- When the Tugs are all giggling at the end, a black cloth can be seen on the hill in the background.
In Other Languages
|Dutch||Waakzame Foduck||Foduck The Vigilant|
|French||Foduck le Vigilanf||Foduck The Vigilant|