Povl Dissing (Danish Dub)
Stefan Ekman (Swedish Dub)
Jari Silvennoinen (Finnish Dub)
Night Shift is the fourth episode of the second season.
When Theodore and Hank are the only volunteers, The Dispatcher assigns the two smallest tugs to the night shift. The bigger tugs don't want to have to stay up all night, but Theodore thinks that working the night shift is very grown-up. As the shift begins, he and Hank can barely see, and what they can see looks very different and maybe even a little scary in the dark. With a little light from Owan, the Oil Rig, and a little guidance from Northumberland Submarine, the pair not only do their work very well, but they also come to appreciate the special things that nighttime has to offer, including wonderful stars and a magnificent sunrise, the first they have ever seen. Back at the dock, the happily exhausted tugs, who had been too excited to take a nap the day before, have no problem sleeping the whole day long.
- The Dispatcher
- Phillip and Filmore (do not speak)
- Lilly (does not speak)
- Caroline (cameo)
- Petra (cameo)
- The Flat Eyed Coast Guard Ship (cameo)
- Benjamin Bridge (cameo)
- Even though this is the first appearance of Rebecca's current model, she has black eyebrows instead of her usual grey.
- This is Owan's first speaking role.
- When Northumberland is coming up from under the water, Hank turns around. However in the next scene, he has not done so at all. Then when Theodore says that Northumberland looks different, Hank has turned back again.
- When Hank calls "Owan!", the shot is recycled from the scene where the tugs meet Northumberland at the cargo docks.
In Other Languages
- Tutan (Sweden) - 1997
- Theodore Tugboat 2 (Norway, Denmark and Finland) - 1997
- Nighttime Adventures (VHS) - 2000
- Theodore Tugboat One (Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland) - 2007