Owan is a noisy oil rig.
Owan is a loudmouth, boisterous, Barney Fife-type, oil rig that works outside the Big Harbour. He has eight big pillars and is hooked onto giant anchor cables. He is full of free expression and always yells instead of talking. The tugs usually have to remind him to be a little more quiet. The funny thing is, he never knows when he's too loud. He loves to use catchphrases such as "Yessireebob!", "Nosirreebob!" and "Oh my star fish and little oysters!" He is good friends with the tugs, especially Theodore. Whenever they are depressed or struggling with an issue, they always hide under him. They call it their "favorite thinking place". He is also good friends with Sigrid, who brings him whatever he needs while he's out on the ocean. He is always happy and cheerful (except for when Oliver came to take him to work) and sometimes careless (like when he broke free from his cables and nearly hit a cliff). Everyone in the Big Harbour loves him, because he can put a smile on their faces any time they need some comfort.
- Season 1 - Bumper Buddies (does not speak)
- Season 2 - Theodore's Whistle (does not speak), Theodore Changes Sides (cameo), Night Shift and Theodore in the Middle (mentioned)
- Season 3 - All Quiet in the Big Harbour, A Joke Too Far, Big Harbour Fools Day (cameo), Theodore Hugs the Coast, Emily's New Hat (cameo), Emily and the Tug-Of-War, and Theodore and the Bully
- Season 4 - Theodore's Tough Tugging, George's Turn, George's Funny Noise, Hank Makes a Friend, Owan On the Loose, and Emily's Easy Job
- Season 5 - George Waits His Turn, Theodore's Big Decision, Hank Stays Up Late, Theodore and the Hunt for Northumberland, Emily and the Sleep-Over (does not speak), and Theodore's Big Decision
- His model is currently in storage at the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic.
- Like Tex, Owan is able to move on his own as well but not as controlled as Tex making him move like a giant crab as seen in Owan on the Loose.
- ERTL (discontinued)