|The Cold Snap|
The Cold Snap is the eighth episode of the second season.
The Dispatcher has a terrible cold which makes it hard for him to hear. When Petra, the pilot boat radios in a report that the tugs new tow ropes are dangerous and unreliable, he mistakenly thinks Petra is talking about Theodore. The Dispatcher grounds the confused tug, forbidding him to leave the dock. When Petra demands help with Margaret the container ship in trouble, Theodore has a tough decision to make. Should he obey The Dispatcher and stay put or follow Petra's orders? He opts to help the pilot boat. When he returns from the assignment he expects The Dispatcher to be angry. But Petra has cleared up the original misunderstanding and The Dispatcher apologizes. Theodore learns to accept that sometimes even The Dispatcher can make a mistake.
- The Dispatcher
- Freda (cameo)
- Chimey (cameo)
- The Flat Eyed Coast Guard Ship (cameo)
- Donald Dock (cameo)
- Phillip and Filmore (cameo)
- Benjamin Bridge (cameo)
- In the first scene of the episode, Petra has Pearl's whistle sound.
- At the end of the episode, the tugboats are floating with their broken red ropes dangling from their sides. In real life, this would be very dangerous as they could get tangled in their propellers.
- When Theodore and Hank meet Petra and Freda at the Harbour entrance, Freda already has Theodore's red rope tied to her bow.
In Other Languages
|Norwegian||Theodor tar jobben||Theodore Takes The Job|
|Finnish||Kylmä Aalto||The Cold Wave|
|Danish||Theodor tar slæbet||Theodore Takes the Tow Rope|
|Swedish||Köld-knäppen||The Cold Snap|
Home Video Release
- Crocodile Cave (VHS) (Sweden) - 1997
- Theodore Tugboat 1 (Norway, Denmark and Finland) - 1997
- Theodore Tugboat Two (Scandinavian DVD) (Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland) - 2007