|The Dark and Scary Cove|
July 7th 1993
The Dark and Scary Cove is the third episode of the first season.
Theodore doesn't really want to return to the scary Cobequid Cove, the one with the old wreck named Kamel at the entrance and the big trees hanging over it. That's where he and Hank were playing when Hank lost his lifeboat when they heard a very scary sound! But if they don't find the lifeboat, Hank won't be allowed to leave the dock, so he has to go. At least this trip, it won't be dark. To his surprise, Theodore finds that Cobequid Cove looks different in the daylight! He realizes that sometimes scary things aren't what they seem to be when he finds a little bullfrog in the cove.
- The Dispatcher
- Benjamin Bridge (does not speak)
- Kamel (not named, does not speak)
- Margaree Pride (not named, does not speak)
- The Grain Ship (cameo)
- Bonnavista (cameo)
- Phillip and Filmore (cameo)
- A Matchbox toy helicopter is seen on Margaree Pride's deck.
- In Sweden, this episode is called "Crocodile Cave".
- First appearance of Bonnavista and Kamel.
- This is the first episode not to feature Emily and Foduck in the series.
- This is the final episode to be dubbed into Finnish until Theodore's Whistle.
- This episode was never released on Swedish, Norwegian, Danish and Finnish DVD. Instead, it was released directly to VHS.
- this episode and Theodore and the Oil Rig have the most foreign dubs than any other to date.
- Crocodile Cave (Sweden) - 1997
- Theodore Tugboat 5 (Norway, Denmark and Finland) - 1997
- Theodore Tugboat (France) - 2000
- Theodore Tugboat Two (Netherlands) - 2012
In Other Languages
|Norwegian||Den Mørke og Nifse Bukta||The Dark and Scary Cove|
|Finnish||Pelottava Luoto||The Scary Cove|
|Danish||Den Mørke Og Skræmmende Bukta||The Dark and Scary Cove|
|Dutch||De Enge Donkere Inham||The Dark and Scary Cove|
|Swedish||Krokodilgrottan||The Crocodile Cave|
|French||Une Crique Sombre et Effaqante||The Dark and Scary Cove|