|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the book adaptation.|
|Theodore Hugs the Coast|
Theodore Hugs the Coast is the seventh episode of the third season.
More than anything, Theodore wants to be an ocean-going tug like George, so when The Dispatcher assigns him to take a bell to a buoy just outside the harbour, his excitement overrides his judgment. The Dispatcher warns him to hug the coast so he won't lose his way, but Theodore sees his friend Owan, the Oil Rig in the distance and just has to go visit. Owan is farther away than he estimated and the tug loses sight of The Big Harbour. Unsure that he can find his way home, he tentatively begins to retrace his path, one step at a time. Relieved to make it home safely, he learns how important it is to follow The Dispatcher's instructions.
- The Dispatcher
- Hank (cameo)
- Shelburne (does not speak)
- Benjamin Bridge (cameo)
- Lilly (cameo)
- Kingston (cameo)
- Jennifer (cameo)
- Phillip and Filmore (cameo)
- A portion of the Harbour Master scene was cut out of the Qubo airing.
- George was supposed to take Shelburne to the other side of the ocean but when Theodore arrived back at night, George was seen back at the dock.
- When Theodore says "How far is that?" he is beside Shelburne but when George says "Oh, really far.", Theodore is at The Repair Dock. However, in the next scene, Theodore is beside Shelburne again.
- The Harbour Master says that this was Theodore's first trip outside The Big Harbour, but Theodore has been outside the harbour before.
- Studio equipment is visible on the edge of the screen in the far away shot of Owan.