|Theodore and the Welcome|
Jan Nonhof (Dutch Dub)
July 15th 1993
Theodore and the Welcome is the ninth episode of the first season.
Theodore is excited that it's his turn to welcome visiting ships, but he's not sure what to say. George always tells visitors that The Big Harbour 'is the second biggest ice free harbour in the whole world.' Emily prefers to point out an interesting feature of the harbour, like the family of whales that visit the rocky cove. Foduck always lets ships know that 'our harbour is the safest harbour in the whole world.' Theodore is still trying to figure out what to say when he approaches his first ship. He tries to use everyone else's words but they get all jumbled. What's more, the ship is one unlike the ships Theodore is used to: a submarine! Theodore has never seen a submarine and isn't sure how to talk to one. When Northumberland refuses to answer, Theodore is sure he has done the welcome all wrong. Then when the sub opens his sleepy eyes, Theodore realizes that he has been talking to the wrong end! Theodore tries his welcome again, but this time with his own words by saying, "This is the friendliest harbour in the whole world", and Northumberland agrees.
- The Dispatcher
- Bedford (does not speak)
- William B. (does not speak)
- Benjamin Bridge (cameo)
- Lilly (cameo)
- The Flat Eyed Coast Guard Ship (cameo)
- Donald Dock (cameo)
- This episode and Theodore the Vegetable are the only two episodes on Qubo to have closed captioning.
- First appearance of Northumberland.
- The scene when Theodore and Emily are moving William B. is used in the opening theme, but in reverse.
- Stock footage from Theodore and the Homesick Rowboat is used.
- This is the final episode to be dubbed into Dutch until Theodore's Whistle.
- Theodore Tugboat One (Netherlands) - 2012
In Other Languages
- When Theodore goes back to the Navy Yard to try and welcome Northumberland, Emily could be seen on the right hand side parked before she and Hank go up to help.
- In the second scene of the episode, Hank looks shocked and there are gaps between his eyes and face.