|Theodore the Vegetable|
July 16th 1993
Theodore the Vegetable is the tenth episode of the first season.
Realizing that all the big tugs are away on other jobs, The Dispatcher reluctantly assigns Theodore to be tug in charge of an arriving cargo ship. Theodore greets the big ship only to find that Julia doubts his ability to handle her. Theodore isn't so sure himself, especially when an experienced Pearl questions his judgement, and to make matters worse, everyone in the harbour seems to be watching him. Little by little however, Theodore overcomes his doubts and his insistence on doing things his way keeps Julia from getting in an accident. In the meantime, Emily returns, and Theodore offers to let her take over, but Julia refuses. As Theodore guides the cargo ship towards her favourite dock, he tows with a little more pride and a great big smile.
- The Dispatcher
- Benjamin Bridge (does not speak)
- The Grain Ship (does not speak)
- Foduck (does not speak)
- George (does not speak)
- Margaree Pride (Stock footage cameo)
- Lilly (cameo)
- Bingham (cameo)
- Tex (mentioned)
- This episode and Theodore and the Welcome are the only two episodes on Qubo to have closed captioning.
- Stock footage from Theodore and the Big Harbour is used.
- Pre-filmed footage in this episode was later used for Emergency.
- This marks Julia's only appearance and speaking role.
- George was supposed to be gone for a few days pulling Tex the oil rig, but later that night he was back at his dock.
- When Theodore and Hank meet Julia, they're meant to be near the harbour entrance, but in some shots, they are shown floating in front of Willy's Island which is in the middle of the harbour.