| Tug of the Year/|
Tugboat of the Year
Tug of the Year, retitled Tugboat of the Year in the American releases is the sixteenth episode of the second season.
George is practicing hard for the Tugboat of the Year contest. Everyone agrees that he deserves to win. When he doesn't win, the big tug feels terrible. He thinks he's worthless, but his friends in The Big Harbour know better. They arrange a special presentation for him. George likes the award but says that the real prize is having such good friends.
- The Dispatcher
- Caroline (not named, does not speak)
- Benjamin Bridge (does not speak)
- Chimey (cameo)
- The Flat Eyed Coast Guard Ship (cameo)
- Donald Dock (cameo)
- Phillip and Filmore (cameo)
- Molly (mentioned)
- Going by filming order, this is the eighth episode of the second season.
- This is Freda's only speaking role, despite the fact that she only said one line and her name wasn't even mentioned.
- It is revealed in this episode that it takes three tugs to move a ship like Freda, but Theodore pulled her by himself in Theodore the Tug in Charge. Theodore also pulled Margaret by himself in The Cold Snap and she is much bigger.
- George has pulled much heavier loads than just a barge filled with something before and found it very easy.
- In the first shot of Emily and Foduck struggling to move Caroline, the large container ship, the camera shakes.