|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the video release or the book adaptation..|
|Whale of a Tug|
Whale of a Tug is the fifth episode of the second season.
While searching for treasure along the shore, Theodore is startled by a young whale trapped in some tangled seaweed and logs. Once Theodore frees the whale he is not sure what to do with him. Walter acts like a playful puppy. Talking with Rebecca, the research vessel makes it clear that they need to reunite the whale with his pod. She suggests that George look for the pod while Theodore keeps Walter company. At first Theodore objects. He wants to be like George and do what tugboats do. That doesn't include taking care of a whale. But as they spend time together, Theodore finds out that Walter can be a great playmate. And when George returns with news that he has found Walter's pod, Theodore has a tough time saying goodbye to his new friend.
- The Dispatcher
- Benjamin Bridge (cameo)
- Bedford or Blankston (cameo)
- Lilly (cameo)
- The Flat Eyed Coast Guard Ship (cameo)
- This is the first and only appearance of Walter and the first time a sea mammal features in the show.
- This episode and Theodore in the Middle are the first episodes to be filmed in Season 2. This is because the brick building opposite the Great Ocean Dock is not present, like in Season 1.
- When George arrives back and gets sprayed by Walter, his eyes are wonky.
- When Theodore thinks that the funny noise is crying, his tow rope is already tied to the logs.
- In the shot after Emily tells Walter that it is time for him to go home, you can see George's surprised face reflecting in the water.
In Other Languages
|Norwegian||Theodor og den Lille Hvalen||Theodore and the Little Whale|
|Danish||Theodor og den Lille Hval||Theodore and the Little Whale|
|Swedish||Bosse och den Lille Valen||Theodore and the Little Whale|
- Whale of a Tug (VHS) - 1995
- Theodore Tugboat 1 (Norway, Denmark and Finland) - 1997
- Theodore Tugboat One (Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland) - 2007